Palm Tree Clinic offers a variety of psychological services on an in-patient and out-patient basis to ensure the sustained well-being of clients. The in-house psychologist is Elise Beeby, a clinical psychologist that has established a network with fellow psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers and other health care providers to enable continued therapy support.
In-hospital patients consult either the in-house psychologist on a daily basis or their outside referring psychologist on a weekly basis. In-house patients are asked to participate in the individual, tailor-made therapeutic process under the supervision of their psychiatrist. They are also referred back to their treating provider after being discharged.
The in-house psychological programme includes:
- CBT (CognitiveBbehavioural Therapy), where thinking and behavioural patterns and cycles are addressed.
- REBT (Rational Emotional Behavioural Therapy) – Challenging the unrealistic beliefs, demands, expectations and behavioural patterns of the patient utilising the powerful tool of exposure or dispute resolution.
- Hypnotherapy – Unlocking the power of the subconscious mind utilising the different hypnotherapeutic processes.
- Psychoanalytic Therapy – Regressing with patients back to intense or traumatic events from the past and deprogramming the subconscious with the view to reclaiming personal identity ( focusing on inner child and unresolved conflict).
- Family Therapy (systemic approach).
- Divorce counselling and mediation.